Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Luke 6.31

Tonight I was discussing Jesus with some of my youth over smoothies and water. We were discussing unconditional love, what that could possibly look like, and we were soon on the topic of loving our enemies. This soon turned into mentally blocking out one person we each individually have a hard time loving (let's be honest. we all have that person, er, persons). 

Then it hit me. I am THAT person for SOMEONE. Someone, somewhere is sitting around a table, drinking a smoothie, picturing my face when "loving your enemies" comes to surface. Boom. 

The law is summed up in one command: to love. God and neighbor. If God is love, which 1 John tells us to be true, then in order to know how to love, we have to know God. In order to know how to love BETTER, we have to know God better. With this comes strife to love my enemies. And by God, I pray that they are striving to love me. Not the person I see as my enemy, but the person who sees me as theirs. 

...and Love comes from God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment